Experienced Family Attorneys
Ashcraft Franklin & Young, LLP, is a dynamic, versatile law firm that provides legal representation to families and individuals. Through years of practical experience, each of our attorneys has achieved a reputation for providing concerned, responsive, and effective legal counsel. We offer skilled legal services in the following areas:
- Matrimonial: Sara Ashcraft represents wives and husbands, same-sex married couples and domestic partners in all aspects of divorce proceedings, including child custody and visitation, property valuation, protection, and distribution; spousal and child support; separation agreements, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and enforcement and modification of judgments and orders.
- Family Law: Sara Ashcraft and Greg Franklin represent parties in all areas of family law, including child custody and visitation, gay/lesbian co-habitation and domestic partnership agreements, paternity and domestic violence matters.
- Adoptions: In domestic private and agency adoptions, foster care and international adoptions, Greg Franklin represents adopting parents and birth parents, step- and co-parents, single individuals and couples, grandparents, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, and transgender clients, as well as persons interested in assisted fertility, surrogacy, and gestational carrier representation.
- Criminal Defense: D. Scott Young defends individuals, partnerships and corporations charged with crimes. He handles all stages of state and federal criminal and youthful offender proceedings. Scott represents individuals charged with all types of felonies and misdemeanors, including DUI/DWI, drug offenses, theft, burglary, assault, and murder.
- Personal Injury: D. Scott Young recovers compensation for accident victims injured by motor vehicle collisions, dangerous premises, falls, and other types of accidents. He negotiates with insurance companies and litigates claims to recover payment for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and other losses incurred in accidents.
- Estates and Trusts: D. Scott Young is a knowledgeable probate and estate administration attorney. David is skilled at drafting wills, trusts, health care proxies, and powers of attorney. He provides services in estate planning, elder law, nursing home issues, asset preservation, Medicaid planning, and guardianships.
- Real Estate: D. Scott Young and Greg Franklin represent buyers and sellers in the sale of residential and commercial property, as well as landlords and tenants in the leasing of residential and commercial property.
Serving Rochester, New York and Surrounding Communities
With offices conveniently located in Rochester (Brighton), we serve the following New York counties:
We Are Proud of Our Professional Reputation
Ashcraft Franklin & Young, LLP, is a team or respected attorneys, each prominent in their area of practice. Sara Ashcraft writes a column on matrimonial and family law for The Daily Record, and she presents continuing legal education programs to update attorneys on developments in New York family law. Greg Franklin, a Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys, is a frequent author and lecturer on adoption, assisted fertility and legal ethics, and has been listed as a New York Super Lawyer for 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Fewer than 5% of New York attorneys are awarded this high distinction. Sara, Greg, and Scott, have all attained BV Peer Review Ratings from Martindale Hubbell, indicating they have an exemplary ethical reputation and a well-established legal practice.