Don Smith has advised clients and provided legal services to businesses since he left active duty as an army JAG officer in 1979. His professional work has earned the highest ranking (“AV”) from Martindale-Hubbell,* the leading national rating organization for legal ability and ethical conduct.
For start-up businesses, Don forms corporations and LLC's, prepares shareholders' and operating agreements among the business owners, negotiates agreements for office or manufacturing space, and introduces clients to other professionals who can help them grow their businesses.
For existing businesses, Don drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements, such as:
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Noncompetition and Nondisclosure Agreements
- Consulting and Sales Agreements
- Master Services Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements (i.e., asset or stock sales)
As outside counsel to businesses, he provides advice on day-to-day issues and works with clients to prevent small issues from becoming significant problems.
For individuals, Don reviews a wide variety of agreements, such as employment, independent contractor and noncompetition agreements.
There is no charge or obligation for an initial, 30-minute consultation with Don.
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.