Experienced Family Attorneys
Ashcraft & Franklin, LLP, is a dynamic, versatile law firm that provides legal representation to families and individuals. Through years of practical experience, each of our attorneys has achieved a reputation for providing concerned, responsive, and effective legal counsel. We offer skilled legal services in the following areas:
- Matrimonial: Sara Ashcraft represents wives and husbands, same-sex married couples and domestic partners in all aspects of divorce proceedings, including child custody and visitation, property valuation, protection, and distribution; spousal and child support; separation agreements, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and enforcement and modification of judgments and orders. Sara is also a trained mediator who can help parties reach their own solutions to divorce and other family law issues.
- Family Law: Sara Ashcraft and Greg Franklin represent parties in all areas of family law, including child custody and visitation, gay/lesbian co-habitation and domestic partnership agreements, paternity and domestic violence matters.
- Adoptions: In domestic private and agency adoptions, foster care and international adoptions, Greg Franklin represents adopting parents and birth parents, step- and co-parents, single individuals and couples, grandparents, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, and transgender (LGBTQ) clients, as well as persons interested in assisted fertility, surrogacy, and gestational carrier representation.
- Real Estate: Greg Franklin represents buyers and sellers in the sale of residential and commercial property, as well as landlords and tenants in the leasing of residential and commercial property.
- Business: Don Smith advises clients in the formation of corporations and LLC's, prepares shareholders' and operating agreements among the business owners, negotiates agreements for office or manufacturing space, and introduces clients to other professionals who can help them grow their businesses.
Serving Rochester, New York and Surrounding Communities
With offices conveniently located in Rochester (Brighton), we serve the following New York counties:
- Monroe County
- Wayne County
- Chemung County
- Steuben County
- Yates County
- Schuyler County
- Seneca County
- Ontario County
- Onondaga County
- Orleans County
- Genesee County
- Livingston County
- Chautauqua County
We Are Proud of Our Professional Reputation
Ashcraft & Franklin, LLP, is a team or respected attorneys, each prominent in their area of practice. Sara Ashcraft writes a column on matrimonial and family law for The Daily Record, she presents continuing legal education programs to update attorneys on developments in New York family law, and has been listed as a New York Super Lawyer. Greg Franklin, a Fellow of the Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys, is a frequent author and lecturer on adoption, assisted fertility and legal ethics, and is listed as a New York Super Lawyer . Fewer than 5% of New York attorneys are awarded this high distinction. Sara and Greg, have attained BV Peer Review Ratings from Martindale Hubbell, indicating they have an exemplary ethical reputation and a well-established legal practice.