Sara Stout Ashcraft provides experienced legal representation in matrimonial issues, which include:
- Divorce, contested, uncontested and no-fault
- Child custody, visitation, and support
- Interstate custody and visitation
- Property valuation, protection, and distribution
- Spousal support and maintenance (alimony)
- Modification and enforcement of judgments and orders
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Consultation, Negotiation, Litigation
For over a decade, Sara has helped families restructure their lives through divorce. She is well versed in the complexities of New York matrimonial law and court procedures, and she knows how to efficiently negotiate a divorce settlement. Sara is a zealous litigator on behalf of her client’s best interests, and she has achieved positive results for clients in the courtroom.
Property Valuation, Protection, Distribution
Complex divorce issues involve the equitable division of marital property. Serving professionals, company executives, and business owners, Sara handles significant assets and high net worth cases. Working with accountants, tax advisors, and other consultants, Sara helps track down, appraise, and protect your right to assets, such as:
- Real estate, rental property
- Pensions and retirement accounts
- Shares, stock options, mutual funds, investment portfolios
- Business ownership and partnership interests
- Professional degrees and practices
- Executive compensation packages
- Spousal maintenance or alimony
Child Custody, Visitation, Support
Because decisions relating to children have such far-reaching effects on their future, it is crucial that the issues be handled with experience and sensitivity. With a background in psychology, Sara is particularly adept at helping couples devise a realistic parenting plan that works in the best interests of their children. She carefully explores in detail all factors pertinent to the determination of custody and visitation. Sara is a member of the Fourth Department, Appellate Division, Law Guardian Panel, and has been appointed by the courts to represent children as the Attorney for the Children (law guardian) in both Supreme and Family Courts.
Competent, Caring Counsel
Sara attentively listens to your concerns, and she fully explains and helps you rationally assess your available legal options. Although divorce is rarely easy, Sara’s experience and competence helps you feel confident and comfortable with your divorce decisions.
Please click on the links below to read a few of Sara’s articles published in The Daily Record: