Estates, Wills, Trusts
Providing New York Estate Planning Expertise
One of the most loving things that you can do for your family is to plan for the management and transfer of your assets in the event of your disability or death. Scott Young can help you devise a plan that could spare your loved ones much time, money, and anguish by providing for the management of your healthcare and property when you are unable to do so yourself. Scott has considerable New York estate planning experience, and he can advise you of the best strategies for protecting your assets, minimizing estate taxes, and ensuring that your property passes intact to your intended beneficiaries.
Meeting Your Unique Needs
Scott will help you determine which estate planning tools are best suited for your situation. Scott’s goal is to educate clients about the practical choices available to them and to draft personalized plans specifically tailored to meet each client’s individual needs.
We provide assistance relating to the following:
- Drafting documents that provide for the management of your property and healthcare in the event you become mentally incapacitated— powers of attorney, health care proxies, living wills
- Drafting wills and providing for their proper execution
- Assisting executors and administrators with the probate of wills and administration of decedent estates
- Providing strategies to avoid probate for the transfer of assets upon death— insurance, gifts, joint ownership of property, retirement plans and accounts, payable on death bank accounts
- Drafting trusts to minimize estate taxes, provide protection against creditors, or provide for the care of minors or incapacitated persons—revocable living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, special needs trusts, charitable remainder interest trusts
Dependable Estate Planning
Whether you require a simple will or a sophisticated trust-based estate plan, we provide high-quality legal service at reasonable rates. Protect yourself and your loved ones by devising an estate plan. Please contact Scott to schedule a consultation with an estate planning attorney.